The Purchasing Division's mission is to continually identify and incorporate innovative procurement practices that will provide quality and timely services to County departments, while adhering to and enforcing all applicable laws, regulations and policies. The Purchasing Division shall procure goods and services that meet the required specifications, with attention to quality, pricing and delivery. This involves a balance between efficient and timely service to our customers and providing an environment of sound business controls to protect the assets of the County and its citizens.
- Monitors and approves departmental requisitions and specifications for accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures
- Expedites purchase orders and works with requesting departments and vendors to reconcile problems pertaining to orders or delivery of goods
- Prepares written communications, solicitations and addendums as required for competitive bids and requests for proposals
- Prepares or assists departments with written bid specifications
- Conducts pre-bid conferences
- Assists departments with bid evaluations
- Insures that procurement methods are within the intent of state and local laws and regulations
Vendor Registration and Bid System
In an effort to improve service and efficiency, Peoria County is using BidNet Direct's Illinois Purchasing Group for soliciting bids and quotes from vendors. This system will provide you with convenient online access to all formal and informal bid opportunities from Peoria County as well as from other government agencies who join and use the platform in Illinois.
How to Register
It's easy to participate in future bid opportunities from Peoria County in Illinois by simply registering online. There is no charge to register. Simply follow the registration path and select the "Limited Access" option which will provide you with matching bid notifications and alerts from Peoria County. If you need any assistance registering or using the platform, please call BidNet's Support Team at 800-835-4603.